Wednesday, April 28, 2010

One by One











Well, I didn't quite make it a full year without blogging here. Of course that was never a goal so I suppose that means I am successful! Excellent, we agree!

(233) I was down another pound before my workout this afternoon.

I joined a new gym this year and it has been awesome. It's like it's own spa/exercise retreat center, with awesome daycare and four water slides in addition to being the best gym I have ever belonged to. Bar none.

I hired a personal trainer (Sheena) and that alone has made me tremendously more effective and focused, not to mention disciplined, than I would have been on my own. She is fantastic, very knowledgeable, and has already whipped me into better shape than I was ever in while on the Nutrisystem program.

At her suggestion I signed up for a nutrition class and have gotten so much out of that as well. I have been on a detox program which has been one of the best and most effective sources of knowledge I have come across to date. Part of that is due to the trainer, a large part, but the information she gives us is readily available if you know how to interpret things like food labels and lists of ingredients. Good stuff.

Sheena also convinced me to get a massage, something I had never done in my life. Needless to say I am hooked. To the tune of 3-4 a month until I really loosen up. That too has been amazing and has really had an impact on me and made a difference in how I feel about myself. I had no idea. Not to mention, talk about stress relief!!

As I go along I will continue to blog about the experience as well as throw in the requisite information on the family and life in general.

The kids are getting ready for college...getting big! Bibbeth has turned out to be the one to keep an eye on and more than makes up for Marcus' easy going approach to things. She is very sweet and chattering and babbling constantly. She is also very bossy and demanding and quite the little princess; not at all afraid to scold you for something you did or didn't do too slowly. Mostly I don't notice as I am too busy spoiling her and trying to sneak kisses in. She is so much fun.

Marcus will turn 3 this summer and it has come to my attention that in addition to building a deck, I will be building a swing-set as well. With a slide. Fortunately my Dad and Stepmom will be living in Omaha this summer. Should be fun.

No comments: