Friday, March 6, 2009

Father of Two



Thank you all so much for the kind words. It's difficult to keep your feet on the ground in moments like this. I have never really been one to pass up a good chance to lose myself in a moment, so we are flying. Although right now I am home alone with the zoo and am missing my family very much...

Jen will remain in the hospital until Monday, assuming all goes well. There is no reason to think it won't so I have exactly (some hours) to work my magic on the rest of what used to be our home. Jen's sister Cathy, my Dad, my Mom, and G'ma Lu (Lucille) and so many others have really been a big help so we are fortunate in many ways.

The final numbers go something like this:

She was born at 12:22p on March 6, 2009. She was 8 lbs. 2 oz. and a little over 20" long. Although baby and mama are still negotiating the specifics, she has begun nursing and is going to sleep in the room with Jen (in a paint tray with lights and a few buttons). I couldn't be more jealous. About being there with her I mean. (although the paint tray bed is pretty cool).

Still, I have the little man to myself all weekend. I think his Mother may have accidentally put money into my wallet, so we'll see what kind of damage we can do. Chances are we will spend

No comments: