Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Papa's Got a Brand New Bag

I am a slow learner. It has taken me awhile to figure that out.

Here is my baby girl...


For me, a lot of being an artist is about exploring and discovering what that means. A lot of my approach to this blog is about me trying to discover what the ideas rattling around inside my head mean; like the previous sentence. And the first two sentences.

I have always made music, since at least the fourth grade but maybe longer. That has always been the center of how I have defined myself and many times how I have interacted with other people. If you asked me if I was an artist I likely would have hesitated for a second and then said, "I suppose so". In college I began as a music major, then switched to theater, and finally to art & art history emphasis in design, before leaving early - a true artist's path. I continue to make music in various forms and have been doing graphic design for longer than I've been house-broken. I mean married. I mean saved - although people still try so I must not be there yet, so really I'm 'saving' - I'm saving.

Another photo...


or two... (throwin' the goat'!!)



So now I m playing with photography and I am really excited about that. I am fortunate that I get to spend a fair amount of my time on the job, taking and working with photos that seem to inspire people. Similar to the responses I got from people that led me to start blogging, if enough people recommend that you do something you enjoy doing...

...wait for it...

...like I said, I'm a slow learner.

More photos on the way 'cause Daddy got a new camera and a new camera bag.

No comments: