Friday, June 13, 2008

Times of Trial

There are so many things occupying my mind today. Marcus' party tomorrow, my friends in Iowa City and Cedar Rapids who's lives have been turned upside down, more new ideas for projects than I could ever hope to flush-out, and yet it is the death of Tim Russert that I just can't believe. There is something about the timing of it and the fact that it was Tim Russert that makes it profoundly upsetting to me.

He was the best political journalist we have ever produced, at the top of his game, at probably the most relevant time in his career. Yesterday he was brilliant. Today he's gone. Just like that.

I am guilty of having taken for granted the connection he made with me among millions of others; a connection whose strength is now so apparent.

No comments: